Skip to main content

...AND SHE PRAYED AGAIN


In the year 2006, i took seriously ill in boarding school that i had to be sent home to my mother. Something i didn't really like because of the financial constraints she had; we had to move from one part of the town to another part to enable her pay rent comfortably and reduce some of her expenses.
So, i didn't want to increase it for her but all the same i was sent home.

I was high with fever that you could feel the heat coming out of my body, headache, body aches and appetite was gone. My mum did all she could for days and nights nothing worked. She prayed; anointed me with oil, feet washing and  used the mantle. Nothing still worked.

She resorted to calling her sister and brother in-law who are medical practitioners. They too ran all the test, gave me all forms of medication to atleast bring down my fever but it didnt work. I was weak, no food eaten; surviving on glucose D and ORS (oral rehydration solution). In the pain of it all, God still kept me.

Prayers was being offered on my behalf by people my mum had called. She too was not relenting her efforts. I could hear her praying and crying; my heart broke.

Then one evening, i was being laid on the palour floor while my mum was seated on a chair reading her Bible.
All of a sudden, she got up abruptly; went inside her bedroom, came out and placed her tithe booklet on my chest. She then sat on the floor and began praying in our dialet (Ibibio).

The prayer went thus: "My God( Abasi mmi), thank you for my daugther Uduakobong. For her life i thank you. Thank you for being the Father to the fatherless and the reliever of the widow. Thank you for her life has not been lost even in this condition. My father, i have done all i can do. Nothing is working. Father, i am reminding You of Your word that says if i pay my tithes that You will rebuke the devourer for my sake, that my fruits shall not be destroyed and my vine will not cast its fruits before her time. My Father, this is the evidence that i pay my tithes( she laid hands on the tithe booklet on my chest) . I know you are a God that keeps to Your word. So, rebuke this devourer in my daughters body, she cannot die before her time. You are the father to the fatherless and You can do more than her earthly father if he were to be alive. My Father, proof Your  Word in the live of my daughter."

I didn't hear her say Amen. She just sat there and cried then got up and went to her room.

It wasn't up to five minutes, i felt as if cold water was poured on me and i broke out in sweat. Strength returned. I got up, sat. The first thing i said to one of my sisters was " bring me food am hungry".

Food was brought. Another of my sister went to tell mum i was eating. She came out to see for herself. I informed her i was healed.

I returned to school the following Monday and that affliction on my health was broken completely.



Praise God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DOES SACRIFICE MEAN IN A RELATIONSHIP?

Every relationship requires some sacrifices. Even, a garden full of flowers requires sacrifice to tend it. It takes sacrifice for a farmer to reap good harvest. What does it mean to be sacrificial? Being sacrificial is being selfless and loving, all out for someone and even inconveniencing yourself. So, in your relationship, you say am not the "this type of person, I am not the that type of yen yen" and you know it can make that relationship blossom, why not make sacrifices and do it. it is called sacrificial love Maybe the sacrifice you have to make is understanding and patience, taking in the other person's mental health into consideration. Nobody was born a type of person.  School, parents, environment, experiences, church, etc ; shaped us into being some type of person. But, self centeredness and selfishness hinders us from making sacrifices. Even our Lord Jesus that died and resurrected was not the "dying type of person" to die for us, but He made that sacr

THE BEFORE

Anxiety isn't good when you are trying to conceive; first hand experience. And my anxiety wasn't just from me being disturbed about conceiving but from other factors too. Example: questions being asked, flippant comments and direct confrontations, unsolicited advice. You might say, only two years and you were worrying yourself to death. Ha! It's was like twenty two years to me. In the span of two years,a lot happened ...it was well. I was completely worked up. Those that know me in person can testify that I was a slim person but became extremely slim. I became a shadow of myself. I was eating but was not healthy. I was seriously anxious and worried. So much was said to me. Pastor Victor and his wife, Pastor Mary,  Aunty Nseabasi Etim , My mum and lots of others were a great source of strength; God bless them for me. I was doing alot of things like taking of Communion daily, anointing my stomach daily and reading the word concerning the situation. One thing was

HOW TO KEEP DESTROYING YOURSELF WITH WORRY AND ALSO OVERCOME.

  📍We all worry way too much about so many things.  We worry about what everyone else thinks. ▪Are they going to judge me for writing? ▪Are they going to think I am weird for doing this? ▪Is this picture worth sharing? ▪Is my dress beautiful?  ▪Do I look fine?  We just worry.  But when you think about it.  Does it matter what everyone thinks? You can only look at their opinions and suggestions, pick what you want, and leave the rest. •What does your God think about you?  He has beautiful thoughts for us. •What do you think about yourself?  Your friends and family all love you (some do) and the people who get your message will appreciate you.  Stop overthinking and worrying about everything. 🔹I used to be this way (working on this). Until I began to make conscious efforts to stop worrying about everything.  •It is exhausting  •It takes a toll on your health.  •Worry causes high blood pressure. •Worrying can make you tired •Worrying can kill you. •Worrying can cause ulcers. •Negative t